Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Petra...One Amazing Thing After Another

There are no words for what we experienced today!
We're in Petra!


First glance as we entered
I have seen some pretty incredible places in my vast travels but today took over the number 1 spot on my list of impressive places. I had no idea Petra was as extensive as it was and it was just one breath-taking look after another.
Tombs

Entering the As-Siq


First glimpse of Al-Khazneh (The Treasury)

At Al-Khazneh

Every bit as impressive as it looks!
Group Selfie at the Treasury

The day was rigorous...walked over 7 miles on uneven terrain, going up and down the landscape. It was hot and sunny. It was worth every second. 



Urn Tomb
Overlook from the Urn Tomb

Tombs
The Temple


I took over 200 photos today! It will take me a long time to get it all sorted out, but I wanted to at least give you a glimpse of all that we took in today!
If Petra isn't on your bucket list...it needs to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment